Class teacher: Mrs Windmill
Teaching Assistant: Miss Pegg
Class teachers: Ms Sohanta
Teaching Assistant: Miss Lee
PPA staff (Friday afternoons): Mr Blakeman and Mrs Jones
PE days are every Tuesday and Friday in Year 1.
Please make sure that your child has their named PE kit in school every day.
Spellings will be sent home in the reading diaries each Friday. Please help your child to practise reading and spelling these words. Try to make this as interesting as possible!
Here are some ideas to get you started, but there are many more things that you and your child could do!
- Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
- Look- carefully at the shape of the words, look for 'tricky' parts in the word, trace over the shape of the letters with your finger, find words within the words (e.g. 'and' in 'hand')
- Say- say the word and the letters in the word over and over again. Use a silly voice to help remember the 'tricky' letters.
- Cover- cover up the word.
- Write- write the word- without looking!
- Check- have a look to see how you did. If you got part of the word wrong, focus on that part next time.
- Write the words out on to scraps of paper and display around the home where children can see them.
- Cut out letters from newspapers and magazines and stick them onto paper to make the spelling words.
- Write each word out over and over again in different colours.
- Practise typing out the words on a keyboard.
- Write each word in fancy writing- bubble writing, curly writing, block writing etc.
- Write out the words in alphabetical order.
- Write the words out in dots and then join the dots in a different colour.
New spellings will be put in reading diaries every Friday.
Star readers in 1S. Well done and Keep it up!